Saturday, May 23, 2009

Hey dude! Do you like You Tube?

Hello everyone,
this is my last post this semester, but I really want to keep on blogging in the future! I really like it and find it very useful, especially if it's done in English! And of course I'm really proud to have my own blog and use the Web pretty well, which I believe is really important nowadays.
By the way, in our last class with Sarah we started to explore You Tube as a tool that can be used for language learning. Well, to be honest I didn't include music in my PLE mindmap because when I listen to English songs is usually to relax so I don't pay much attention to the lyrics. Of course there are exceptions because if you really like a song, you definitely wanna know what it means! Anyway, I must say Sarah's lesson this week helped me change my mind about music as a learning tool. I realized there's so much material on You Tube that is extremely useful to improve one's listening skills! Well, in a way I knew about You Tube's potential already, but I'm starting to look at it with different eyes only now. Apart from the well-known music videos, there's also comedy, short films and sketches on You Tube, which are really good fun and of course a good way to better your listening and learn more about other cultures! For instance, I found Katherine Tate's video terrific! She's a really good comedian, and I'm planning to watch other videos in which she stars.
I believe fun should always be an essential component of language learning because it would make the whole thing much easier and more pleasant, dont' you think?
Bye now!
Serena

No comments:

Post a Comment