Thursday, April 2, 2009

E-tivity 3: feeds and feed aggregators

Hi ya!!
Before giving my opinion on feeds and feed aggregators, I want to say that I was not in class when you started familiarizing with these tools. So, it was kind of difficult for me to understand how it all works; I had never heard of the terms 'feed' and 'feed aggregator' before. I have to say I got lost and confused more than once when trying to register to Bloglines and add new feeds. But it was just a matter of getting used to it; I then started to appreciate these web technologies and find them very useful now!
Apart from my peers' blogs, I added a few other feeds mainly concerning online news and learning as well as music. I believe it's very handy to have such a tool as an aggregator, which automatically updates net surfers so that they don't need to check their websites of interest all the time. Moreover, feed aggregators are a great thing for foreign language learners like me. For instance, I have websites of English and German online journals among my feeds and I can easily access the news whenever I like. So, not only do I have the chance to keep up to date with what happens in the world, but I can learn some new vocabulary and improve my speaking skills as well.
I really hope to become an expert in aggregators soon!
Serena Zorzi

No comments:

Post a Comment