Saturday, April 4, 2009

E-tivity 4: about bookmarking

Hi again!
I just wanted to share my impressions as far as bookmarking with Delicious is concerned. I already knew what bookmarking means because you can do this with all web browsers nowadays. In other words, I was aware of what the bookmarking process involves. Nontheless, I had never heard of Delicious before, apart from the adjective itself! ;) My first experience with this web application was great! At first, I found it difficult to understand how exactly the tool works, but then I got used to it very quickly! What I really like of Delicious is that it works more or less like a search engine: you enter a key word and get a lot of websites as a result of that. You can then have a look and pick up the most interesting to you. Moreover, you have the possibility to build up a social network and share your favourites with other people. In this way you can find useful material you may not have known about. The five websites I've chosen to bookmark so far are:
1)BBC Learning English;
2)the English version of Wikipedia;
3)the online dictionary Wordreference.com;
4)a website about online journals in English;
5)UsingEnglish.com.
All of them are useful sources for learners of English, and I want to make the most of Delicious in order to improve my language skills!!
Serena Zorzi

No comments:

Post a Comment